Our planet is two-thirds water, as is the human body itself. Everyone needs water, whether for washing or for drinking. Water is life. Unfortunately, we can’t yet depend on everyone to use it sparingly.
Although most of the earth is made up of water, more than 97 % of it is saltwater. Drinking such water would not only be disgusting, but would also be damaging to your health. This makes the remaining 3 %, which is freshwater, all the more precious. Theoretically, this 3 % should be enough for everyone. In practice, however, things look a little different: Many countries do not have enough clean water. They often do not have the money to build treatment plants and purify bacteria-infested water. Coupled with the at times unbridled wasting of clean water in the rest of the world, this can be life-threatening for the people affected.
Absolutely everyone should make an effort to conserve water. This begins with small acts in daily life: Turning off the water as you wash your hands, taking a short shower instead of a full bath or not running the washing machine only half-full. Really, we all know how to do it.
Businesses also have the responsibility to reduce their water consumption. The new James Heal DynaWash washing machine in the SANITIZED TecCenter proves how sustainably and efficiently this can work: Just one machine was able to reduce daily water usage to 85 gallons. Before, it was 1585 gallons spread across three machines. This results in an unbelievable 0.5 million gallons conserved each year! But that’s not all: The new machines conserve an amazing amount of electricity as well. For a 140°F cycle, it uses only 3.5 kilowatts of power instead of 5.4. The DynaWash can also help us reduce our CO2 footprint, its CO2 value is twelve times lower than that of our old washing machines. Monumental savings and better all around—for our clients and for the planet!